HOW DO I ADOPT AN ANIMAL FROM K&R SMALL ANIMAL SANCTUARY?
- View our adoptable animals HERE
- Complete the online adoption application below
- One of our adoption coordinators will reach out to the email address provided in your application to obtain additional information if needed and/or set up a time for you to meet the animal(s) that caught your eye.
- Meet-and-greets are usually done at an Appleton or Oshkosh area pet store. You meet the animals, make your final decision on adoption and if a love connection is made, then take your new family member home!
Rabbits - $50 (single rabbit) / $80 (bonded pair) / $100 (bonded trio)
Guinea Pigs - $20 (single guinea pig) / $30 (bonded pair)
Chinchillas - $60 (single chinchilla) / $100 (bonded pair or trio)
Hamsters - $10 (single hamster)
This is a non-refundable donation to K&R Small Animal Sanctuary and not a purchase price for the animal(s) or any supplies that are acquired and the donation cannot be refunded for any reason. Donations are used directly and immediately to rescue another animal in need and provide it with medical attention, training, and proper housing and therefore are not able to be re-disbursed.
All rabbit adoptions include spay or neuter and all species of adoptions include a physical exam by a veterinarian and other treatments as needed.
Fill out the form below to apply online for adopting an animal from K&R Small Animal Sanctuary. If you’d rather print, and fill out our adoption application, download PDF versions of the Small Animal Application or the Canine Application.
Please complete the small animal adoption application completely, as incomplete applications will drastically slow down the process and the animal you are looking at may be adopted before we can complete processing your application.
In order to be considered for adoption, you must:
- Be 18 years of age. If under 18, please have a parent or guardian submit the application to adopt
- Current pets must be spayed or neutered (if applicable for species)
- Have landlord approval, if renting/leasing your home. Verbal confirmation will be attempted by a K&R volunteer with the landlord if a copy of the lease is not provided
NOTE: K&R Small Animal Sanctuary is entirely volunteer-run and so please allow 24-48 hours for a response. An adoption coordinator will contact you through the email provided below with the status of your application and/or to schedule a meet and greet with the animals that caught your eye. If you have not heard from us within 48 hours, please contact us to confirm that your application has been received.